"Craft the finest map for an unknown battlefield"
What is it?
A 'standard'. A flag to fly. An ambition to be. A set of values to live by. A map to follow. As Tony Robbins says, "If you want to raise your game, raise your standards... and raise your standard".
Why Spend Time On it?
This is when business becomes a living entity of it's own. An organisation people love to work for. Something to get out of bed for. It resonates with your stakeholders and is mirrored by your Brand, Culture and Purpose. It's an internal document.
Consequences of not doing it
You can live without them. Maybe. If you're small enough. But, if you want to grow, these are what will hold it all together when you get to a point where you don't know everyone's first name in your business.
Ooba's Business & Marketing Framework for Success
The Overarching Concept
Our approach is extremely simple. Successful companies operate in the following way:
- Make significant profit - what many SME owners may even consider to be excessive.
- Leverage massively - they use other people's money, time, resources, people, networks, software etc.
- Are continuously innovating - they pro-actively design their own futures.
- Create systems, processes, KPIs & dashboards to enable them to operate in an increasingly automated and consistent way.
- Deeply empathise, understand and engage with their customers and stakeholders.
- Offer incredible value - because they 'get' what their customers really want.
- Deliver well crafted and considered messaging that builds their long term fan-base, brand, culture and purpose.
- Invest significantly more proportionally into their brand (which builds accumulative, long-term value) rather than in day-to-day tactics (like social media).
- Discipline & Mindset
- Spend more time planning and in Quadrant 2 activities (see 7 Habits of Highly Effective People).
- Create a culture and a personal responsibility towards their own mind-set and ability to achieve at a high level.
- Set down good Habits and generate regular Pulse activities that get done relentlessly.
- Understand the longer game, hold out for longer and know that perserverance is often the winning hand.
We have modelled these successful characteristics:
The 10 Elements of Business & Marketing Clarity
Ooba Creative enable clients to achieve Significant Profit, Designed Innovation and Planned Leverage - through focused training and consultancy (as well as creative problem solving workshops) to empower business owners and their teams to develop a fearless confidence in their strategic and tactical execution.
We deliver this via our unique "10 Elements of Business & Marketing Clarity Framework" utilising Design Thinking, Lean Startup Principles and Agile Methodologies.